Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colonist can't transform plains to grassland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonist can't transform plains to grassland?

I am playing my first game of TOT (the extended game) and have come across a problem. My Colonist's are unable to transform plains to grassland ! I still have some Engineers around which can still do the transformation, however, due to a recent annoying barrage of nukes from the Spanish most of them have been wiped out. Since the Colonist supercedes Engineers, I can't build Engineers .

Is this a bug or is there something I am missing? I have the 1.1 patch loaded.
    Nethog

I guess that is a bit of a bug... It is possible to give any unit the Engineer capabilities, but the Colonist already has that. So I think that only has to do with their double speed.

Transforming is linked to the Explosives tech so I guess they forgot to add that as an engineer capability as well.

Wait a minute... Colonists CAN transform, but there is a bug of an entirely different kind. The transform menu option is disabled, but pressing "o" lets them transform anyway.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Mercator wrote:

The transform menu option is disabled, but pressing "o" lets them transform anyway.
      Thanks Mercator. This is obviously not obvious! You know, I sat there looking at the greyed-out "o" menu option thinking "should I just try the keyboard command even though it is greyed-out?", but I didn't
      Nethog

Comment

aAAAAAaaaack!
        How do I give "any unit" Engineer capabilities??

I read about it in the manual but couldn't find the code for it. Is it in the Advanced Unit Properties section?

Comment

Interesting. This is missing from my Rules txt. from the Original game. I found it in the Fantasy and Sci-fi Rules however.

@UNITS_ADVANCED

G) General flags

00100000 - unit acquires engineering abilities
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Sweeeeeet! I should've thought to look there.

OK, so, follow-up question: what's the highest that a particular terrain type's transformation time can be set to? I have one at 25. Has anyone ever done higher?

Comment

Working...
            X