ModCast #6: "Where are my Robots?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ModCast #6: "Where are my Robots?"

The sixth episode of ModCast is here, an official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS). "Where are my Robots?" (51m16s) features the four core panelists Wouter "Locutus" Snijders, Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl, Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland and Oscar "Elhoim" Velzi.

ModCast is a bi-weekly ~45-minute audio production of Apolyton Civilization Site and is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on Civilization modding; its sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy. To date, ACS is the only community on the web to produce its own Civilization podcasts.

Summary of Topics:

- 02m23s | News
      We discuss CFC's server getting hacked and a lot of mods and artwork being deleted.
    - 10m39s | Artist Sketchpad
      Looking at a Generic Middle Eastern Leader by Amra, Bakuel's Incan Industrial Age Unit Pack, the Fairey Swordfish by The_Coyote and an Evil Lizard Palace by woodelf and winddelay.
    - 22m10s | Code Corner
      We talk about Leonardo's Workshop by GIR and Shqype's Route Restricter (similar to Zebra 9's zRoutes mod as discussed in episode 2).
    - 28m47s | Cartography Room
      Focused on Lokolus's Earth 1643 AD scenario.
    - 39m06s | Spotlight
      We dig into the Next War scenario that shipped with Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, to lay a foundation for future discussions on Next War-based mods.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Quote of all segments for most humourous factor: "I'm much more prettier" by Oscar in the first 'Artist's Sketchpad' topic.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Another highly amusing, yet informative modcast!!!

Keep up the good work!!!
      Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
      The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
      Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
      Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

My favorite modcast so far! I really liked that you guys had more experience with the mateial you were covering and it really came through in your analysis. Definitly made me want to go try the scenario.

I think thats ideal for your coverage, find something good and give it a fair analysis. It should be an honor to be slected for coverage on modcast and if you guys help point people to good mods then your audience will grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Murg
          My favorite modcast so far! I really liked that you guys had more experience with the mateial you were covering and it really came through in your analysis. Definitly made me want to go try the scenario.
          Good to hear we managed to fake it successfully this time

I think thats ideal for your coverage, find something good and give it a fair analysis. It should be an honor to be slected for coverage on modcast and if you guys help point people to good mods then your audience will grow.
          Well, that's sort of the idea. With the Artist Sketchpad and Cartography Room and the like we mostly try to focus on stuff that's new and also try to provide some variety in each show (i.e. not just having a huge Artist Sketchpad and nothing else, which is easily possible considering how much artwork gets released every week compared to the number of code mods and scenarios). But yeah, we definitely do apply some quality control in choosing our topics, frankly most of the mods I download for this show don't make the topics list.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X