This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Hockey - Fantasy Harder with a Vengance

Didn't realize that last thread was filling up so fast.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Early in the day Alex Tanguay finally came clean: He's still a little bitter.

Bitter at the way the Colorado Avalanche blamed him for the team's playoff loss and bitter over their refusal to offer the restricted free agent one of the many contracts being thrown around last summer.

Hours later, as the clock ticked down on a 5-2 Flames win over his former club, Tanguay issued one more statement.

This one he made with his stick, sending a rare shot on goal that found the back of the net for his fifth of the season.

The typically reserved winger punctuated it with a look skyward that just so happened to be in the direction of Avs GM Francois Giguere, who looked down from his uncomfortable perch in the broadcast booth.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
      It looks like Auld doesn't get the shutout on Yahoo after all. (though they could still correct it of course)

* Sparrowhawk
      Check again.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Tingkai

Sounds good. Quote for duration of playoffs.

--------------------------------------------------------------
        I (Flubber )responded

OK-- Just to be clear, you are betting the Flames will be in the bottom eight teams in the league at the end of the season. Obviously total points would be the measure. (sorry to be pedantic but I have seen how the terms of a bet can be lost/misunderstood )

Just to make sure this isn't lost
        Last edited by Flubber; November 30, 2006, 13:07.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

and as an update past the quarter mark of the season-- Calgary is actualluy on the bubble as they sit tied for 20th throgh 23rd in the 30 team NHL on points.

I am actually fairly satisfied with this placing given where they sat when I made the bet.

There are 7 teams behind the Flames on points right now being

24 LOS ANGELES
          25 FLORIDA
          26 CHICAGO
          27 ST LOUIS
          28 PHILADELPHIA
          29 PHOENIX
          30 COLUMBUS

So the Flame sneed to stay ahead of these guys and clearly outpoint one more of the bevy of teams they are close to ( there are currently 10 teams from 0- 3 points ahead of the Flames ).
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

And Calgary is facing a lot of "easy" teams in the short term, too.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              And Calgary is facing a lot of "easy" teams in the short term, too.

Yup -- I made that point in the last thread-- They get 4 out of 5 at home in the next stretch and none of those games are against teams in the top 5 in the conference.

Then they get a SIX game road trip that does look tough

Comment

After 20 games for all teams the Flames were tied for 16th with Washington.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

So Habs against Canes. This is annoying, because I have Cam Ward in my other fantasy league, and I REALLY dont wanna lose this week
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Is Cam Ward actually going to start? He's been riding the pine as much as a Mexican goalie as of late.

Comment

Cam Ward is indeed in nets, and it's 1-0 Habs.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

poor cammy.

Comment

Roloson's let in 4 goals on 10 shots thus far tonight.

ROLLLIEE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                            Cam Ward is indeed in nets, and it's 1-0 Habs.
                            Ward.

Comment

Man, a couple blowouts goin' on tonight. Good night for fantasy hockey!

Comment

Working...
                              X