This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAH's office

Due to Mark's new job with the government, the staff has been asked to pick up some of the slack.

If you look at the top of the page, you'll see that I am now listed as a mod in this forum. I have not been a participant in this one so I am not familiar with all of you.

In order to avoid my PM box being filled, I'd like to try to handle any requests or answer questions in this thread. Hopefully it will keep response time to a minimum and help keep me organized.

My main office hours are M-F 7:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. US central time. I am on at other times but not consistently.

RAH
    Carry on.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Can you ask your secretary to get me a cup of coffee while I wait please.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Man, less than 15 minutes, and the first spammer shows up. Welcome. Cream or sugar?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Still think this won't be so tough?
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Actually I'm a big fan of this game already from the reports. We should get some of the civ 2 guys up here.

Got any whole milk? Can you do latte?
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
            Still think this won't be so tough?
            Hmmm, may take a bit more time than I anticipated.
            It's going to take some time to go through all the threads and get the general feel.

RAH
            and no latte.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

of course the big question is how will deity cope with a game whch goes from 6000bc to modern times in an hour. That's normally 1 turn for him.

Comment

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not familiar with the game. I'm sure I'll know considerably more about it after going through all these threads. I may have to get it. We'll see if it still sounds interesting after reading through.

RAH
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, if you want to get a good idea of what this game is about, you may want to browse through the fact sheet:

But more importantly, you may want to listen to DanQ's interview with Brian Reynolds and/or read the related article:

And of course, if that genuinely raises your interest, there's always the demo:

Experience the new generation of games and entertainment with Xbox. Play Xbox games and stream video on all your devices.
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks Locutus, you're always helpful.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good luck, rah. There are a lot of newbies around here, so try not to scare them too much.
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

rah... point DanQ to his mailbox for me will ya

oh and welcome

Comment

DanQ checks his PMs and E-mail whenever he has time to get to it. Experience tells me any pointing that I do will usually be ineffective.

Thanks for the welcome.

RAH
                          Rules-abiding posters have nothing to fear.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

ok, I'll hope he has time to get to it soon then

--------

Rules-abiding posters have nothing to fear.

now the sentence itself is not disturbing.. but the smilie behind it makes one wonder

Comment

can you do civgroups RAH? we could use some for RoN.

i PMed Markos a few days ago, but he's busy
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X