Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

So, let's start another light-weight diplogame, in the spirit of Doom of the Diplomats (DoD)!

The Rules: (as in DoD)
    * No Space Victory allowed
    * No tech trading at all (simplifies things)
    * Corrected Terra map (by Ozzy?)
    * 10 hour timer till 2000 BC; then we vote for a continuation till 0AD
    * Epic speed.
    * Random civs
    * No elimination until after 1000AD
    * No reloads
    * No double move rules, gentlements agreement to live up to the rule though.
    * No financial trait for: mzprox (ig winner DoC & DoD), The Priest (winner BtP), Toni (winner HOTW8), OzzyKP (winner HOTW5, HOTW7), Robert Plomp (ds winner DoC), deity (first loser in many games) and everybody who feels good enough.

- We play pitboss server, hosted by moi
    - Beyond the Sword, latest patch, no mods.
    - diplo attitude

Historical list of Pitboss Diplogames:

pilot game:
    - Beyond the Pit (BtP)

Do - series:
    - Dance of Civilizations (DoC)
    - Doom of the Diplomats (DoD)
    - Destiny of Empires (DoE)
    - Destruction of Foes (DoF)

DoF will be the 2nd diplo-light game that allows elimination (after 1000 AD).
    Some players weren't eager to eliminate in the first game. Most will certainly do it now they learned from DoD! Hence the name: Destruction of Foes

Diplo-light means:
    - no stories*
    - no public negotiations / diplomacy*

- anonymous
    - in character behavior for your civ
    - lots of behind the scenes diplomacy using both the in-game chat/diplo functionality and PlayYourTurn diplo-messenger.

*not forbidden though

Please sign up for this game! Now!

Participants:

1. 2metraninja
    2. Calanthian
    3. The Priest
    4. Deztro
    5. dick76
    6. DNK
    7. Hendriks de Infiedielen Dooder
    8. LzPrst
    9. OzzyKP
    10. PMBMaker
    11. Robert Plomp
    12. mzprox

Civs:

Bulgaria
    Carthage
    Egypt
    France
    Greece
    Hungary
    Ottomans
    Persia
    Portugal
    Rome
    Russia
    Spain

Mod Details:

New Civ: Hungary

Starting techs: Agriculture, Hunting
    Leader: Imre Nagy (Charismatic, Protective)

UU: Huszar (replaces cavalry)
    100 hammers (instead of 120)
    Starts with Flanking I

UB: Vegvar (replaces castle)
    120 hammers (instead of 100)
    3 culture (instead of 1)
    60% defense (instead of 50%)
    -30% damage to defenses (instead of -25%)
    +1 happy with wine
    Doesn't obsolete

New Civ: Bulgaria

Starting techs: The Wheel, Hunting
    Leader: Simeon I (Aggressive, Creative)

UU: Konnik (replaces Horse Archer)
    +1 first strike
    Ignores terrain movement costs
    Not immune to first strikes

UB: Bulgarian Stan (replaces stable)
    +4 XP for mounted units

Other Changes:
    - Portuguese Carrack now has 4 strength & 4 movement instead of 3 and 3
    - Galley, Trireme, Caravel, Carrack, Galleon, Frigate, Ship of the Line, Ironclad and Transport can be built by cities on lakes/rivers 2 squares big or larger
    - The pictures for Banana, Corn, Silk, Rice and Sugar have been replaced with graphics for Olives, Barley, Silk, Peas and Coffee
    - New names added to list of names for Great People
    - Civ scores will always be displayed as "1"

Map Details:

- Mediterranean Map created from scratch by DNK, tweaked a bit by Ozzy.
    - All civs start in historical locations
    - Major rivers are 1-tile wide seas to allow ships to cross them.

Download the Mod Here:

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.
    Last edited by OzzyKP; August 2, 2011, 19:25.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Can't it just be Doom of the Diplomats II? We used to have series' and numbers, now there are a million different names to keep track of.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
      Can't it just be Doom of the Diplomats II? We used to have series' and numbers, now there are a million different names to keep track of.
      This is also a series, the 'Do' series, where every name's abbreviation starts with "Do"
      DoC, DoD, DoE and this is DoF

Comment

Lame....

Especially since the diplo-light games should be considered separate from the others. Hence DoD2.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I will sign up, anyway I'm not doing well as I expected in DoE ...

I was wondering how these 2 can work together:

]* Random civs
          * No financial trait for: mzprox (ig winner DoC & DoD), The Priest (winner BtP), Toni (winner HOTW8), OzzyKP (winner HOTW5, HOTW7), Robert Plomp (ds winner DoC), deity (first loser in many games) and everybody who feels good enough.
          http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
            Lame....

Especially since the diplo-light games should be considered separate from the others. Hence DoD2.
            But DoD is already part of the DoC - DoD - DoE series!
            In fact deity invented it! We had DoC and DoD by random incident, then he suggested DoE, now it's a series :P
            You got to accept it :P And you have to signup

@2metraninja

I think that with DoD we just had random civs, then the listed players didn't pick a financial civ from the list of random civs

Comment

hello, I would like to participate terms of game which you wrote are good.

Comment

Where do you think you guys are going without me, SIGN ME UP Robert

Comment

Welcome onboard, Dick76!!!
                  Great to hear that, Toni! I knew that I could count on you

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                    @2metraninja

I think that with DoD we just had random civs, then the listed players didn't pick a financial civ from the list of random civs
                    I think his point is that if the players are picking civs from a list, then the civs aren't random, heh.

Comment

Well, the list is random, but the civ you pick isn't.
                      But you're right. It's not truly random. How did we do it again for DoD?

Comment

We could do it similarly to how we do fantasy football. One person takes the list of civs and scrambles them, a different person volunteers to scramble the list of players.

We could, in theory have two lists, one list doesn't have any fin civs on it.

Comment

Nice one Cyber

I'm just wondering why not add the SS victory (but only if a majority agree)?

@ ozzy, I think these games are quite legitimately within the diplo genre and therefore are threads for diplo history. DoD was a more successful diplo than many diplo games!

I'd be a keen on an ozzy map but if we are mixing experienced with less experienced we need a better formula than in DoE.

Tier 1: No religions, no financial, no industrial, no marble or stone near capital,

Tier 2: Choose first
                          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

REF: Public posting.

I think it should be banned. DoD became unbalanced because some never posted and it was meant to be a light game where posts were not expected. But I found I had to spend time posting and it takes time that I didn't expect to have to invest in the game. Also it is more realistic if everything happens in PYT or IN GAME.
                            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by deity View Post
                              @ ozzy, I think these games are quite legitimately within the diplo genre and therefore are threads for diplo history. DoD was a more successful diplo than many diplo games!
                              Oh, don't misunderstand me. I didn't mean to suggest that these aren't diplogames and don't deserve to be included with the rest. They do. But back in the day we had Tales from the Front 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. History of the World, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. Now each game has a different name and a different acronym and it gets confusing for me. I just want to get back to the old convention of numbering games in a series. Since this game would be similar to DoD I thought it'd be a nice chance to do it. I'd love for the next full diplogame to be DoE2 also. Bring back the numbers!

I agree with your tier 1 ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X