Spell check for cavalry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spell check for cavalry

Wouldn't it be nice if the forum could do this for us all.

Cavalry - Armed units on horseback often with some sort of pistol firearm, a sabre/sword
    Calvary - A hill in Palestine giving extra defense bonus to archers/longbowmen.

Agreed, that somehow seems to be a very difficult word for many people.

Comment

Yes, there certainly seem to be a few words that are commonly spelt wrong. Another example:

Deity = A supernatural god-like being, and a difficulty level in Civ4

Diety = Not a word, but sounds like something to do with diets. Salad anyone? I made it myself!

Also, non-civ related, probably the most common misspelling is the following:

You're = You are, as in "You are a fan of the Calvary, especially in your Diety games."
      Your = Your, as in "Your spelling is flawless!"

I mean I'm not flawless in my spelling either, and I'm sure there are mistakes to be found in my writings, but these words are so commonly spelt wrong that they are worth pointing out.
      Only the most intelligent, handsome/beautiful denizens of apolyton may join the game :)

Comment

The spell check patrol is coming:

Attached Files

Comment

I was just thinking to myself not FIVE minutes ago. "Hey that church doesnt know how to spell Cavalry."
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Incidentally - isn't it "coeur" and not "couer"? At least if you're trying to write "lionheart" in French.

Comment

lol, Uch is right.

Heart in French is spelled "coeur"

Comment

On the D&D newsgroups, there is a widespread tendency to spell "Rogue" as "Rouge".
                Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyTiny

Deity = A supernatural god-like being, and a difficulty level in Civ4

Comment

The most annoying thing I find is when people right "roll" (a dice) as "role" (in a party) or vice-verca, happens a heck of a lot on MMORPG forums.

edit: Isn't it ironic I wrote "write" as "right". However I find the roll/role thing annoying when done in TOPICS.
                    Last edited by Blake; January 16, 2006, 00:20.

Comment

The Internet is a terrible place if you want something spelled right.

rn't I write olololz!?!?!

Then again, I'm not exactly a uh.... Hmm, there aren't really any world famous spellers I can compare myself too. That may be a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X