Questions for creationists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for creationists

This is a thread where evolutionists can post questions for creationists. We will see how many of them reply with satisfactory answers.

Here's a good one: why do humans have the appendix (vermiform appendix)?

Timer started running
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Nice troll. Haven't seen this done before.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Damned if I know
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

This can't be a troll (flame-bait) If I actually want some honest answers, such as "I don't know."
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Re: Questions for creationists

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Because......

and start with that evolutionary "It used to be a second ass" stuff.

(nice troll btw)

Comment

I'm not an creationist, but I am a Christian. I'll give it a shot.

Humans have an apendix (as well as tonsils) because it made eating easier. When Eve ate the apple, and Adam as well, God punished them by making the two not work, so that they would suffer internally as well as externally for eating the Forbidden Fruit.
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Because once upon a time there where Trolls and Humans, with trolls eating grass. The troll's decided they'ed had enough of the persecution by the humans, and decided to act like them, and kill them off. Therefore we are all Troll's and humans don't have an appendix. We just think we are humans.

Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
              Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Humans have an apendix (as well as tonsils) because it made eating easier. When Eve ate the apple, and Adam as well, God punished them by making the two not work, so that they would suffer internally as well as externally for eating the Forbidden Fruit.
                Did you make this up, or this part of actual Judeo-Christian-Islamic mythology?

What about the coccyx or wisdom teeth?
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo

Did you make this up, or this part of actual Judeo-Christian-Islamic mythology?

What about the coccyx or wisdom teeth?
                  Please, Ramo, you should know better than that. It's pretty obvious that EF is pulling theology out of his... verniform appendix.

Comment

Of course he made it up A creationist would have attempted to completely evade the question.

Just look at FG

Comment

How about nails? Or nipples on men. Or fossils.
                      -bondetamp
                      The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
                      -H. L. Mencken

Comment

Oh, I made it up...there is actually nothing in the Bible (that I have found) to explain these.

However, that seems to be the logical (note: logical by creationist standards) explainations.

Oh, also, to answer more questions:

Dino's could have existed because, though God made the world in 7 days, it never said how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden.

Pangea was during the day that God made the land, then seperated it to create the continents.

Also, Adam and Eve had far more children then just Caine and Abel. I like to use Iceland as an example for a perfectly homogeneous population with few if any defects. Its not impossible (especially if God has a hand in it) to not have defects even though there is incest.

Plus, it was not the animals who were evil, but the people. The reason God had Noah bring two of each animal aboard was not to save the good ones, but to prevent species extinction, due to the flood. There's no such thing as an "evil fish." Well, at least not due to the flood.
                        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Well, it's somewhat plausible that it says in the OT that God gave Adam and Eve a pestilence or somesuch to prevent them from eating as well.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

Hell, the only thing I wanna know is how did the fossils get there. Either

a. The Bible is wrong and modern evolutionary theories are right (as far as our current understanding goes, though there is still plenty to learn.)

b. The Bible is right and God is a prime bastard for purposely deceiving his creations by planting false evidence that suggests a history that never happened.

Being a believer in God, I gotta go with A. If the answer is B, well, then, screw him.

Comment

...Read what I said...

Dino's could have existed because, though God made the world in 7 days, it never said how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden.
                              It never says anything about length of time. Therefore, the dinosaurs and other such animals had pleanty of time to die.

Comment

Working...
                              X