No announcement yet.

KH were you in Newport Beach recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KH were you in Newport Beach recently?

An exec working in the financial industry "protests" the Occupy Wall St protests by leaving a 1% tip on a $133 lunch tab writing "get a real job" on the receipt. That's just cold especially since he had no clue if the poor waitress supported OWS or not.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Obviously this behavior by one guy should make us sympathetic to a movement to legalize urban camping.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

No one said that. I believe I was making a modest joke to KH.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This is so KH!
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It actually doesn't sound like him. I would expect someone like KH to tip proportionally to the quality of the service rendered.

Comment

Oerdin, stop making fun of HC's boyfriend.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

He didn't even round up properly. 1% of 133.54 should be 1.34. Truncation
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                It actually doesn't sound like him
                That's funny because I've read him say "Get a real job" to me like 15 times here. How does that not sound like him?
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  That's funny because I've read him say "Get a real job" to me like 15 times here. How does that not sound like him?
                  Al, you really deserves all the flak you get
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

To be fair, you should get a real job.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I leave 25% tip on average. **** off.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I think KH would probably consider waiting tables a real job, unless the person waiting tables was doing it to try to pursue a career they had no hope in, e.g. acting or Marines OCS.

Edit: well, I suppose he can speak for himself

Comment

I've left a "**** you" tip on exactly one occasion. I've left 10% tips maybe a dozen times. General poor service, or average at a more expensive place gets 15-20%. Good service at a cheaper place (e.g. 2 people eat for 40 bucks pre-tip) can get to 30%
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Also, if oerdin knew anything he'd know that "finance company exec" in newport beach is a pimco employee...
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

KH, why in the heck did you feel a need to respond? Particularly so vehemetly!

Plus...25% is a bit extravagant, isn't it? I mean, I can see that for exceptional service, but as a general rule?
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X