X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Editor & Scripting Language Documents

From RoN Heaven:

Big Huge games has released a comprehensive set of documents that give detailed instructions on how to use the Scenario Editor in Rise of Nations as well as the syntax for the scripting language used in the game. You can download the complete set of Documents in Zip format here.

In the file you will find the following documents.

Rise of Nations Script Manual.doc
    Covers essential and advanced topics used in the Big Huge Scripting language.

Scenario Editor Walk.doc
    Does a complete walk through for creating your first scenario in the Rise of Nations Scenario editor.

Script Editor Commands.doc
    Additional information about the buttons found in the Script Editor's menus.

Script Functions Listing_2.doc
    Provides a complete listng of all the functions available in the scripting language including syntax and example code.

HelpTables.doc
    Proper names for technologies and units, as they need to be written in scripts.

rally.bhs
    A simple Script Example.

rally.sce
    A simple scenario based on the rally.bhs script.
    Hopefully it will receive a more 'permanent' place on Apolyton soon...
    Attached Files
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Re: Scenario Editor & Scripting Language Documents

Originally posted by Locutus
    From RoN Heaven:

Hopefully it will receive a more 'permanent' place on Apolyton soon...
    It has been awhile and I decided to reinstall RON and used this and it is just what i am looking for, for a start that is!!

I almost revisited my Carpel Tunnel Syndrome trying to use 3500 units!!!

BUT..creating my own scenario with this makes life grand....

I gotta get more in depth...

Say..whats the Largest Map anyone here has played with that worked pretty good?

Peace

GT
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

sad that Apolyton hosts a game and we have such limited response..

BUT

It could mean people are playing and not posting

Comment

so no one posts here?

Comment

Having finally gotten a computer that runs fast enough for this game, I'm looking back into modding and writing scenarios for it.

Of course I don't expect to get very far... but I'll still be posting here occasionally.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
            Having finally gotten a computer that runs fast enough for this game, I'm looking back into modding and writing scenarios for it.

Of course I don't expect to get very far... but I'll still be posting here occasionally.
            well Ill post back as this is still a very decent game!

do you have T & P as well?

Grandpa Troll

Comment

Yes, I have both.

I am looking into writing a scenario about China - specifically based on the rise of the communists under Mao Zedong.

Right now I'm playing through the Cold War scenario to try to get a feel for the things you can do with the scripting and scenario builder. I especially liked the campaigns where you could NOT build cities, and had to either defend your existing base (because you couldn't build anything except units) or had to conquer the enemy's bases (which provided you with de facto city and improvements).

I do remember trying to tickle the nipples of my C-programming muse a long long time ago, but that particular passion has been so neglected that it's actually withered and dropped off. So I may have to get my C textbooks back out again.

But all in all I love this game and although I know I've almost missed the party, it's good to keep up with it. I hear they're working on a fantasy add on, so hopefully the community is due for a rebirth soon.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia

I do remember trying to tickle the nipples of my C-programming muse a long long time ago, but that particular passion has been so neglected that it's actually withered and dropped off.
                Thats too bad. What are you tickling instead these days?

Comment

Right. After a slight (*ahem*) hiatus, I've upgraded my laptop and it's time to get down to some scenmaking for RoN.

This is definitely a case of "I'm gonna get started doing all those cool things I talked about two years ago".
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

So howed that go for you? Heh.

Comment

Much of the work actually fell to my friend Bing. So... um... ... blame everything on him!

We have a working Battle of Berlin scenario. It's still in beta testing stages as yet, but it's pretty good fun. We'll have to do more balancing so that the Germans have a shadow of a hope, but it should be finished before too long. One thing we're stuck on is how to spawn air units WITHOUT having a friendly airbase on the map. This happens in the "airbase" scenario in the Cold War CTW, but we can't figure out how to get it to work in a normal scenario.

Bing is also working on a China mod for the game. Should be interesting.
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                      X