• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fantasy baseball at yahoo....once again

League ID: 2465
    League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/2465
    password apolyton

the stats etc are up for discussion as usual, but here's last year's league so people can join and use yahoo for research

I liked the stats we used last year,, but I think I'm going to pass this year unless you absolutely need someone to round off the league.
    "

Comment

Jeez, they can't even wait until pitchers and catchers report??
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Baseball!!!
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

In.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Let's do same stats.

Comment

How do y'all feel about a move limit, maybe 30-40? That would keep people like me from constantly raiding the ww on the weekend looking for SPs with 2 starts for the upcoming week

And it might bring moves into trade discussions... Course that would just give me a way around the move limit

Comment

Is it possible to make a move limit that does not include cutting players who go on DL?

Comment

I believe move limits apply only to players when they're picked up, but if you cut a dl and pick someone up it'll count as a move

not a big deal, I just remember some people were complaining about raiding the ww for SPs... we can probably avoid the hassle if I place a voluntary limit on myself

if someone gets an email invite for FFZ from Chris can you share it with me, I just dumped a bunch of emails and I think my invite was one of them thx

Comment

What were the stats again?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

r, hr, rbi, sb, obp, slg, qs, sav, era, whip, k

Comment

Looks good to me.

Comment

Weird settings IMHO. No W/L, no fielding, HR and SLG yes but 2B/3B no, WHIP and K yes but BB no...

I'm sure it's all been talked through but it strikes me as odd. None of my business, of course, but still... :crazy:
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

ks and bbs tend to cancel each other while the latter is covered by whip already (and possibly era)
                              fielding aint popular enough to make a short list of cats and it encourages using dhs and players who aint playing tough pos'. W/L tend to cancel each other out and we're going with 11 total cats, QS is just a better indicator of good pitching and we wanted to encourage throwing SPs. Slg and OBP cover hits in decent ratios, we're only using HRs because of their popularity.

btw, we did vote on various options before last year and 2nd place had 1b, 2b, 3b, and hrs I think. But we basically decided cats with low #s like triples dont warrant a cat, just not enough relevance to the game. Hell, we're not even using Hits for a cat. We could, I doubt anyone would object much. But we got obp and slg so whats the point? We'd just be duplicating stuff, kinda like having BB and hits and whip for pitchers.
                              Last edited by Berzerker; February 10, 2012, 21:14.

Comment

Working...
                              X