Why is Grant on the $50 bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Grant on the $50 bill?

He was a terrible president right? Or is it because of his military accomplishments? But from what I've heard, he really wasn't that great of a general. And of course being a president is not required to be on money- as Franklin is on a bill.

I just hate seeing his face on the bill, that's all

Perhaps we should change it to something else.

recommendations?

REAGAN!!!
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

He was an excellent drunk, if that improves your opinion of him at all.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
        REAGAN!!!
        yes ... and the ink should fade away in time ...

*slaps himself in the face : now that was rude*
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

To remind alcoholics that being a corrupt substance abuser is no bar to high political office.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Grant was one of the greatest generals ever to exist. He did make a few tactical errors but it was cunning strategy that caused Lee's defeat. But never was he a great president.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

No **** you dumbass. My brother and I happen to be named after Lee and Grant.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Giancarlo = Fez ???
                or just similar avatars ?

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                  No **** you dumbass. My brother and I happen to be named after Lee and Grant.
                  I wasn't addressing you, numb nuts.

Dannubis: I no longer use Fez, I changed back to my real name.
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Just making sure, asshat.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

QED

nice one

Comment

I prefer Grant's 12 years old Scotch
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                          I prefer Grant's 12 years old Scotch
                          Me too, that stuff must 140 years old by now!
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Grants whisky. Pffftt.
                            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I remember reading about Grant's Civil War accomplishments. It appears he was drunk at several key battles but never the less one them because he kept ordering his troops to attack when a sobber general would have retreated to regroup.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X