This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Story Thread Pt5 - January 2010]

This is the Story and Diplomacy Thread for the Diplo Game "The Dance of Civilizations" (DoC)

The purpose of this thread is to post in-character story posts and diplomacy for this game. Please discuss all organizational aspects of this game the Organization Thread.
    Use your Anonymous Apolyton Game Account to put posts in this thread.

The Dance of Civilizations is a diplomacy game.
    The players try to rule their empires like they are real. Role playing and story telling is an important way to achieve this.
    Fore more information visit the Diplogame FAQ by OzzyKP

For more information visit the Organization Thread.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

High priest Zulkash:
    Brothers and Sister,

The day we were waiting for has come. The Dragon is waking and so we are. There are important matters to discuss, but first: accept my condolences on the death of your father, Sister Shivali or better say , Queen Shivali.

Priestess Shivali:
    Drop it Zulkash, we all know that you just couldn't wait.. anyway, the council is still in place and they would never accept me to the throne.

High priest Zulkash:
    The council, an outdated creation which has no purpose henceforth. We created it in God's name and we shall dissolve it the same way. They will go home or They can go to hell. You are God's chosen and from royal blood.. no one will question your rule at least not for long

High priest Kordush:
    These won't be easy times, my Queen, but of course we will be here as always to support you. Our economy is having a hard time, and even in our cities there are more and more discontent unfaithfull. Countries like Byzantium are introducing evil ideas, poisoning the people's mind and they even dare to spread evil propganda about us. Call our people slaves while they are gifted to serve the God with their life and should they preish they receive their ultimate reward: enlightment that only our Lord can give. And here is the matter of Egypt. They show us great disrespect by ignoring us for years and what is their answer they are sending us finally?? "Sorry, no time because a King "what's his name" has died far away. They do not understand what is at stake, we have to be more forcefull in our next letter...

High priest Ashoka:
    Bah, enough of talking! As Zulkash said our time has come. No more hiding, no more opportunism, no more pardon. Neevam has finally perfected our weapons, my templars are ready as ever. I say we act now!

High priest Zulkash:
    Patience, my Friend, jumping quickly into a war would be a mistake now. A little force demonstration could serve us though. Ready the fleet...

Comment

To the world:

I Wallace the leader of the English, today announce that TAO has officially been accepted in our lands.

Comment

King Wallace

We welcome your acceptance of the true way of faith. It gladdend my heart to be able to pray with you las time we sat together discussing our new Agreements.

The way of th efuture in the settlement of land in the south is the basis of our closer realyionships and now we share a common faith it is opening many more doors..

In thoughtful prayer we greet you

Lord of all the Koreas

Comment

King Wallace,

In the name of the Holy church I welcome you, We are happy to have you amongst our brothers in faith. Let's pray that many more will learn about the true path and join us soon.

Queen Shivali, Priestess of the Sha'Tao

Comment

Pharaoh Ramesses,

I of course understand your grief, but we can't ignore those who are living, their souls needs to be saved from the darkness. Many of your people are already following the true faith, their wish to introduce Tao as state religion so more of your man can learn about the truth. Listen to these wishes as we are listening to them, which is of course the wish of all Taoists and the will of our Lord. Soon everyone will follow our ways, it's inevitable. Resisting it just would make the otherwise enlightening process quite.. unpleasing.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Queen Shivali, Priestess of Sha'Tao

Comment

Tao now the largest religion in the world. we invite all to join this growing throng of followers.

Any nation wanting to know more we wil lsned missionaires

Comment

It was a time of great change. Chief Hiawatha journeyed into the west, to meet the Great Spirit in the sky, Taronhiawagon, the Holder of the Heavens.

A funeral ceremony was held and chiefs and friends from the Sioux, Senecas, Cayugas, Onondagas, Oneidas, and Mohawk tribes came to the Iroquois village of Hiawatha, with gifts for his onward journey and to pay their respects.

“ .. And the evening sun descending
                Set the clouds on fire with redness,
                Burned the broad sky, like a prairie,
                Left upon the level water
                One long track and trail of splendor,
                Down whose stream, as down a river,
                Westward, westward Hiawatha
                Sailed into the fiery sunset,
                Sailed into the purple vapors,
                Sailed into the dusk of evening “

H.W. Longfellow (Song of Hiawatha)
                I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

I, Powhatan, chief of chiefs, father of Pocahontas, offer our condolences to our friends and neighbors in the Indian Empire, on the death of King Kaliph. We in turn welcome the new leader, Queen Shivali, Priestess of the Sha'Tao.

Likewise, we offer our condolences to the Byzantium peoples on the death of the great leader Theodosius and to offer welcome to the new leader Justinian.

To our new brothers in the faith, we welcome the English and their leader Wallace.

And to note that Pocahontas, with husband John Rolfe, and tribesmen is sailing to England as agreed.
                  I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Comment

The Emigration begins

The Russian leaders worked to arrange the emigration. Already 11 groups of settlers and soldiers were ready to leave for the new world. Waiting in the Persian port of Sardis, the refugees grew in number daily. Along the settlers were Musketmen, Knights, Bowmen and Catapults. The exiled would not arrive defenceless. Grouped with them were two brothers, veterans of the Persian war. Together they would come to form Russian society in the new world greatly.
                    Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                    The Russian Dynasty:
                    Samo the Headbanded
                    Catherine the Progenitor
                    Dominika Ekatarinova
                    (Konya the Lost)
                    Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Mecca Weekly - Al-Masjid al-Ḥarām Opens

Saladin with the Great Prophet St. Patrick, after years of devotion, is pleased to announce in 1090 AD, that the world's most Sacred Mosque Al-Masjid al-Ḥarām has been constructed in Mecca.

Saladin calls all Muslims for Hajj; to conduct a pilgrimage to celebrate the life of Muhammad.

All hail Saladin.

Allah bless Saladin.

Comment

Korean scientists continued working in isolation to research new specatacualt breakthrus. After previous long ago leaders fo korea had wasted all international exchange of knowledge the korean scientists had been working overtime.

Great breakthrus had been made and life was evolving in korea. New structures were being built in all towns and cities. The people were glad to see peace in the world and were responding with increased efforts and also population expansion.

With the pact between the Southern Taoists now formed Korean leaders were keen to reform closer ties with the other Taoists that over time had drifted somewhat.

Delegations of priests and council chiefs were sent to Native Americans, the Mali, the Incans, the Indians and also the Egyptians to encourage them too to join the Tao way with the aid of the Indians.

Discussions were held with all but details were not released.

Praise be to the one true God.

Comment

Discussions in Constantinople

"Your reports", Justinian asked his gathered advisers.

"Many have rejoiced at your stance of freedom of speach and religion my Lord. Here at home it is being difficult to get established among the people - the power of the old ways is strong - it will be a few more years before these are fully enacted. Abroad, some success - the Persians, long dominated by Hastogianism, have seen the wisdom in your proclamation and have declared that no man need follow Hastogianism if they do not wish to, and the Persian state is no longer tied to Hastoigianism. This must be good for the world. Elsewhere. More difficult. Tao'ism seems to be developing into an opppressive force."

"Oppressive, how so?"

"The Indians are building massed armies at the expense of many free men compelled into slavery and death. The extent of it is truly frightening. The priests seem able to trick people into thinking death is 'enlightenment'."

"Unpleasant, but are these armies likely to be used against us?"

"The distance suggests not, but they have recently been bullying our dear friend the Eygptians - one of the smaller but most noble nations on earth. They are demanding that they join the Indian empire and open their land to Indian control - effectively becoming the doorway to Indian power on our continent - Indian troops a short ride from Constaninople"

Justinian turned to his generals. "And your response?"

"Following concern expressed by Noble Pharoah Ramesses, we have deployed three forces of knights - 20-40,000 each to three points within Egypt, together with scouts. Here is the deployment of the one to the south-east."

"And their orders?"

"To work with Ramesses' officers, in ensuring that Egypt, small as she is, remains free to make its own choices."

"But what of the south?"

"The English announcement of the state enforcement of Tao'ism was shocking and is concerning. Is seems that we are no longer brothers of the Red Cross. We are still seeking clarification from Wallace of his ties to the Indian Empire. Many non-Tao'ists in England are concerned".

"And our own Tao'ist population?"

"They continue to rejoice in the freedoms you have given them sire."

"Good" replied Justinian, turning to continue his science advisors' demonstrations.
                          Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Chief Powhatan had sent two brothers, in separate ships to explore the new land. The brothers were Wamsutta and Metacom, who were descended from Massasoit. They took with them womenfolk, workers and defenders.

They discovered these new lands are rich in fishing grounds but short on useful ore.

Nevertheless after careful exploration the brothers established two settlements and set about clearing the surroundings.

On one of the islands explored, the local tribal hut villagers, put on a show for the landing party, which featured not only a diverse range of musical instruments but a choir of singing birds. And they taught the landing party how to play these instruments and gifted them singing birds.

Comment

Korean missionairies returned from their world travels and met with the Hih Priest in the temple.

So young padwans said the High priest what word you bring us of the Taoists in other countries

My lord, the English people are accepting our faith openly and freely, the covnersion from the Cross folowers to tao is great. They are openly coming to our meetings now and asking questions and seeking the truth.

Good , and the Egyptians

The people are very open my lord, but we are not sure if the leaders are behind it or not, it is not openly accepted , but many are also flocking to our meetings.

Excellant excallant

The bad news my lord is to the North , In Byzantine the merchants have taken over and refuse to accept our teachings.

This is ok Padwan , it is not our way to force ourselvs on people to change beleifs, they must come freely to the truth.

Yes my lord, but the Taoists are being held back, they no longer are being hired to wrk for the merchants. Only those who reject the truth can get promoted. true taoists are finding it harder to easrn a living

Is tihs official law. That si terrible to be supproted of government like that.

No my lord, it is all unofficial. The merchant class are jsut trying to run out any faith in the land a true separation of faith from work and government

Well we will pray for our oppresed brother to the north , send more missionaires to find out how they are fairing .

Comment

Working...
                              X