Swedish Commie-Feminist Poetry in English

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swedish Commie-Feminist Poetry in English

In Sweden we have a party called Vänsterpariet (The Left Party, duh!) that used to be the commies but don't call themselves that after the fall of the wall - although they still sport pictures of gentle and caring mass murderers such as Lenin in their offices. Go figure.

Anyway, the interesting thing is that this party has rather been kidnapped by extreme feminist nutcases and that the brunt of their hatred seems more directed toward men in general these days as opposed to being directed against anyone who could read in the past.

The Party Leader, Gudrun Schyman, a proud feminst and a heavy drinker who claims that she wasn't actually ever a commie, despite being a member of an extreme marxist-leninist association in her youth, has kindly decided to share her world-view with us in the form of beautiful poetry. I've decided to translate it so that the world at large appreciate the wisdom of a woman that holds 14% or so of the Swedish popular vote:

The male power elite
    forms the future
    with prejudice
    and precision weapons.
    The clinical war
    is held at a premium.
    All operations
    are successful,
    even when the patient dies.

They sow powerlessness
    and reap victims of war.
    Sorrow becomes hatred,
    justice becomes revenge.
    The song of women
    is drowned by male commands.

-- * --

Time nips at my neck,
    like a mad dog,
    ever driven forward
    by men in war clothes.
    designed by
    Bush and Blair.

Tens of thousands of innocent people
    flee from the cities of Afghanistan.
    Women and children and elderly.
    In the shrouds that that protect against
    sun and sand,
    they try to protect themselves
    from the mad dogs.

The male power elite of the world
    preferes to dress in
    Bush's and Blair's bombs.
    Civilians become "victims"
    only when they're dead.

Women all over the world,
    weave the protective veils
    of restraint.

No, it doesn't rhyme or scan in Swedish either. And it sounds just about as bad as well. It's a mad, mad world, it is.

Swedes wanting to check this out for themsleves, in case you think I make this up - and who could blame you? - can check the following link where you can find all of the above and then some.
    Enjoy!

"The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Weird. Am I reading it correctly to mean that she's defending the Taliban regime and its insistence on wearing the Burkha?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

If IT IS true, than she's would make a great addition to the "Looney Toons hall of Fame".
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Well, that's some crappy poetry, uh-huh. Didn't Sweden have that case of feminists removing urinals from some daycare because men's ability to pee standing up discriminates against women?

Silly Swedes.

...of course, what with Finland's Vasemmistoliitto (Left Alliance - hey, at least it has more imaginative name than it's Swedish counterpart) having such MPs as Pekka Tiusanen who worked for Stasi in his youth, it's not that much different here> still different here. Ha ha ha!
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Dalgetti
          If IT IS true, than she's would make a great addition to the "Looney Toons hall of Fame".
          It is certianly true to the limits of my ability as a translator. In fact, I have some regrets for making some of it sound better than it was in the original.

And yes, Gudrun Schyman is certainly a full-bore nutcase. She still runs the third biggest party in Sweden.
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

LOL @ Gudrun Schyman

Comment

Maybe she could shack up with Albert Speer. The poetry they'd create!
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

There are nutcases in most countries' politics - Jean Marie Le Pen, Nick Griffin and President Bush amongst them...
                "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                  Weird. Am I reading it correctly to mean that she's defending the Taliban regime and its insistence on wearing the Burkha?
                  Oh, the Taliban might have been slightly misguided as far as their view of women is concerned, but in Gudrun's world they make up for that little omission - and I rather believe she thinks could she set them straight about that by explaining feminist theory - by resisting Evil America.

Comment

This thread screams: "Snapcase , come here"
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Actually I'd say it screams 'Bugs ****ing Bunny, come here'. It needs some of his famous dry wit. God knows it's got little enough of anything else.
                      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

but the truth is , that these people are scaring me. They are showing what has become to the left today, in a very unpleasant light. Their ideas are perhaps innovative, but that doesn't mean that they're good . You can see it everywhere, the strive for a real revolution to promote planned economy and equality for citizens is over, and all they do is try to put sticks in the wheels of corporations.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

I can't say anything about the quality of the poetry (especially since it's been translated) but I get the content of it, and agree with the jist of it.

She's talking about the patriarchal society we live in, where the men who rule the world use it as a real-life playing field for their wargames and pissing contests.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

yes, men rule the world . But the condition now is "the people that rule the world are men" , basically putting their gender out of context with the issues of proffesional questions of the people that lead nations and organizations today.
                            It's totally wrong. Connecting all behavior with being a man or a women is stupid and prejudiced.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I must break with the party line and strongly disagree with the message of this poetry.
                              http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X