Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How exactly does the "report post" feature work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How exactly does the "report post" feature work?

Does it PM the mods? Or just Mark and Dan? Or is there some other mechanism? I ask because I reported some posts in the OT, when both Ming and rah were on, and nothing happened.

You're a hall monitor at school, are you not?

Why would you report people, unless, well you know, it's something really serious?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

When I recommended "Snich" as your new username, I was serious.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        Why would you report people, unless, well you know, it's something really serious?
        Did you see the thread?

Comment

What was it about?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Comment

I saw that one earlier today and stopped following it after about 10 posts, I'm sure at least one mod has seen it.

Comment

The button is connected to an alarm in Ming's house. When someone reports a post, red lights start flashing in his appartment, and the Flash Gordon music theme to boot .
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It sends an email.

So in essence when you report a post, you email spam the mods
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I saw that one earlier today and stopped following it after about 10 posts, I'm sure at least one mod has seen it.
                    I made a rare visit to OT and saw that one myself. It was helpful to me. I learned how the ignore function worked.
                    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

So in essence when you report a post, you email spam the mods

One more... one less... it hardly matters .
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

It isn't an irreverant fun spam thread, so of course is allowed to stay in the OT.
                        Just as long as people aren't having fun in the OT!
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: How exactly does the "report post" feature work?

Originally posted by Kucinich
                          Does it PM the mods? Or just Mark and Dan? Or is there some other mechanism? I ask because I reported some posts in the OT, when both Ming and rah were on, and nothing happened.
                          Yes... it's an email... and that's why PM's work better for me, I'm more likely to see it faster.

However, as far as "nothing happened"... just because a thread/post is reported, doesn't mean that we will agree with the complaint and take action... Also, in some cases, it's handled by PM and not in the thread, so you don't really know if action was taken or not... unless you were the one complained about

Oh, and by the way... what thread
                          Last edited by Ming; June 10, 2004, 20:08.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

/me thinks this one wasn't done by PM...

Edit: btw, Ming can't you just close threads? I really don't like threads getting deleted.

And yes, I'm well aware you don't really give a **** what I like and don't like

Comment

* alva thinks this one wasn't done by PM...
                              Actually, it was... I'm more likely to see my PM's first.

Edit: btw, Ming can't you just close threads? I really don't like threads getting deleted.
                              When the threads are full of racist crap, they get deleted. It's that simple.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X