Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does a good full body massage cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does a good full body massage cost?

My muscles are a mess. I can feel weird lumps (I guess muscle knots) in my calves and quads (foam rolling hasn't been very effective for me) and if someone touches my back, it hurts. I need a professional; not some questionable **** in someone's house... and no Chinese.

But what price range should I be looking for?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Straight or gay?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Depends where you go.

The place I go does $150 for a 60 minute Swedish massage. But it's covered by my insurance so I don't go looking for the cheapest...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I think deep-tissue (sports) massages cost a bit more. That's probably what you want.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Sports massages from my understanding tend to be more localized and specific, concerned with improving a specific area or injury. I need it in many places.

I'm actually a bit of a mess overall and also am curious about yoga because I have definite flexibility, range of motion, and muscle tightness issues. I tried to get a chick to take me to her yoga class but that didn't work out but really, I think a class might be a bit much for me. Anyone know any basic yoga that I can learn and do on my own before advancing to a class? My main problem is I'm not very flexible in the lower extremities and some muscles (particular the groin and hamstrings) are pretty tight.

I would fail the sit and reach test for example and can't touch my toes while standing.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Go to a beginner's yoga class. Lots of guys do it these days. And the beginner's yoga classes are meant for people who don't know **** about it.

My gym offers them for free along with a bunch of other classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
              And the beginner's yoga classes are meant for people who don't know **** about it, but are looking to pick up weird chicks.
              Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Asher View Post
                Go to a beginner's yoga class.

QFT.

Yoga exercises when performed regularly do wonders for flexibility, balance and your overall sense of well being. I can't recommend this highly enough. Go and do it.

(as to the question in the OP, the price depends on if you want a hand job with your massage or not. )
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

About $80-100 at your local day spa.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Happy ending?
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I said NO CHINESE for a reason

100-150... kind of steep. I wish I was dating a massage therapist or something. Is it worth it?

Comment

You don't really need to be a massage therapist to give a good massage. It's not RMT-territory but it certainly helps anyway.

That's what spouses are for. Happy endings are free there, BTW. Sometimes you can even get a Happy Meal out of it.

Comment

It's generally her that gets the happy meal, not me...
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Would you like fries with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                              Happy ending?
                              As far as I know, happy endings cost a whole bunch more than $100 and cannot be had at your local day spa. But maybe I'm too naive.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X