Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since HOI3 is garbage Paradox has released a new version of HOI2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since HOI3 is garbage Paradox has released a new version of HOI2.

It's actually the best game in the entire HOI series to date as HOI3 is nothing but a steaming pile of horse ****. What's worse is you can get perminently banned from the Paradox forums if you dare to mention any of the unfixed bugs or incompetently implimented "game features" as according to Paradox everything is working as designed and the game doesn't need another patch but they're will release one more tiny patch at the end of the month to satisfy "the whiners". Seriously, **** you Paradox.

On the upside they farmed out the old HOI2 ARM code to a company called BL-Logic who made a number of great changes to the game which players have been asking for for years but which Paradox claimed just couldn't be done. Here's the web site: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/20...-now-available
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Honestly Paradox Interactive has been pretty crap since they got spun off from Paradox Entertainment. PE is backed by a large American company with deep pockets while PI is run on a shoe string budget so they've only been able to produce barely functional buggy crap. The best thing in the world would be for PI to get rebought by a company like PE, the current management at PI completely sacked, and then game development handed to managers who are actually competent. HOI3 could have been ground breaking but instead it is such a turd no one bothers to play it and the same goes for PI's other in house development EU: Rome.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Arsenal of Democracy is quite good.
      HoI3 is
      I) performance-broken
      II) AI Force Arrangement is close to retarded
      III) Simply not fun: Micromanagement Hell if you control all your Troops, AI Vertigo if you dont
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I didn't bother with HOI3, based on reviews, and the HOI2 graphics are too antiquated to enjoy the game properly. EUIII (In Nomine) is still keeping me entertained though - and I may get the most recent incarnation (Heir to the Throne?).

I like the Paradox game style. Are there any others I should try from Paradox?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The last really great game from Paradox was Victoria imo, as their newer games, like EU3 and HOI3 have had big performance troubles (f*ck that new 3d-engine they are using) and have done almost nothing to innovate on the series. With EU3 especially, they should have tried to do things a bit differently from EU2 as it now feels very much like the same game with worse performance, ugly graphics and some nice (but not very important) new gameplay features.

Would love a game that took the best of the Paradox games AND the best from Civilization and the Imperialism-games. That would have been great.

Comment

Wow, Oerdin. So much lies in only one post.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserIsak View Post
              The last really great game from Paradox was Victoria imo, as their newer games, like EU3 and HOI3 have had big performance troubles (f*ck that new 3d-engine they are using) and have done almost nothing to innovate on the series. With EU3 especially, they should have tried to do things a bit differently from EU2 as it now feels very much like the same game with worse performance, ugly graphics and some nice (but not very important) new gameplay features.

Would love a game that took the best of the Paradox games AND the best from Civilization and the Imperialism-games. That would have been great.
              I can play EU3 perfectly with a GeForece 6600... It cerawls under the more developed mods though, but that's entirely the processor + memory's fault.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

This looks cool. I never got the DD+Arma expansions but this looks worth it.
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                X