X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Impressions

Wow...
    great Intro (definitely the best intro in all parts of civ yet),
    great graphics (which are on my 23" flatscreen @home even better than at the gamescom)..
    and some surprises...
    I let my scouts explore some ruins...what did they find? A weapons cache, which they immediately equipped, turning my scouts into an archery unit (looks like a scout isn´t determined to stay a scout forever)...
    oh and Augustus speaks with an italian accent (at least in the german version) and sounds a little bit like a mafia godfather (I like it )
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Glad you like it!
    I love it when my warrior enters a hut and upgrades to a spearman. Especially when he finds another hut and upgrades to a pikeman, but they takes luck.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The hut are indeed giving new stuff That's good and interesting!
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

My impressions are to be found in my review posted on WPC, if anyone is interested. On the front page.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
          My impressions are to be found in my review posted on WPC, if anyone is interested. On the front page.
          WPC??

Comment

WePlayCiv

Comment

Aha! Thank you.

Comment

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
                ... for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me, - third commandment
                The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Why not post it as a blog here on Apolyton as well?
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I think the answer gives itself.

Comment

I have to say that archers really kick ass,
                      thanks to the new ranged attacks
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

My first impression is that I like it.
                        The insidious brazilians let it be known that any who decimate warsaw will be rewarded. Well, after a lengthy bombardment by two archers and attacks by my mighty warriors, warsaw is belong to me.

I now have a maritime friend, and a brand-new city.

Now our nation will enter a golden age of peace, prosperity, and SCIENCE

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                          oh and Augustus speaks with an italian accent (at least in the german version) and sounds a little bit like a mafia godfather (I like it )
                          Latin phrases spoken with an Italian accent must sound unbelievably funny.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

What are people's first impressions with AI? One reviewer said that AI opponents tended to put ranged attack units up right next to his, failing to take advantage of their strength in . . . .

RANGED attack.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I haven't noticed it yet, but I did a quickplay ezmode run to get the hang of the new mechanics- continent has 2 empires and basically all of the city-states, so things are crowded and complicated. I CAUGHT an enemy archer with his pants down, but I have not seen the AI nations field much military yet. I will keep my eye out for this behavior and increase difficulty accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                              X