This is an official update for Civilization 4. It will fully update any previous version of Civilization 4 to version 1.61 Rev A. It is recommended for all users.
This update contains the following fixes:
- Better performance on certain Macs (particularly G5's) that exhibited excessive CPU use in the original release. The game should no longer run dual CPU's to 100% capacity.
- Fixed numerous sounds issues including missing sounds, stuttering, 3D sound positioning, and movie soundtracks.
- Fixed globe graphical corruption at Low quality setting.
- Fixed bugs exposed by having the "Big Blue Marble" mod installed in CustomAssets.
- If you experience kernel panics on Intel Macs, make sure you have installed the latest version of the OS X 10.4.7 Combo update. If problems persist, turn off FSAA options and/or run the game in a window.