Lost Eden is a total conversion for Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire. It completely transforms the game from its original, futuristic environment to a strange fantasy world filled with all sorts of unusual characters. This is the alpha version. It is pretty complete, missing only some artwork and sound. After we have received some feedback and have everything ready, we will release a beta version good and proper!
Lost Eden takes a "Less is more" approach. Some of the more complex gameplay mechanics have been changed or removed to allow for a truly different gameplay experience. If you are wondering what makes Lost Eden so different from Alien Crossfire take a look at this short list of some of the more dramatic changes:
- It is a new world! Instead of poking about Chiron with a bunch of Mind Worms, you're in the weird and wonderful world of Lost Eden. How did you get here? What's going to happen? You decide.
- Fourteen new factions to try.
- Lead using five different species of units.
- All units in Lost Eden are predesigned rather than using the workshop.
- Transcendence victory has been removed. All other forms of victory--conquest, economic, diplomatic--remain.
- Most advanced terraforming improvements (boreholes, condensers, etc.) have been removed.
But that is just the start! Dive in and explore for yourself what makes Lost Eden interesting for you!
Check out the the readme file for more information.
Lost Eden can be downloaded here. It is 10.7 MB.